Once again thank you for coming! And I hope you enjoy this momentary distraction please leave your comments or thoughts. They are most welcome!

Sunday 18 December 2016

Legerdemain (131 of 365)

Day 131 of the 365 day poem challenge.

Word of the day legerdemain meaning "an illusory feat."

Legerdemain 

I would say that there is little for you to gain in reading this poem
Please do not read any further
These are thoughts spilled on a page
This is a mess 
This is messy and broken and oily and imperfect
Please you're embarrassing me
This has my name on it
I write like a toddler
Did you know that?
Do you want to know anymore
Are you hoping to get to the secret of this poem
This is not a poem this is a waste of time
This is monotony and you have nothing better to do
And you'll read this in two seconds and it took me only twice that to write it 
Four seconds isn't much
But why waste it stop please
I don't want you to read or know this
It's empty hollow 
My head is filled with one lonely whining voice now it is on this page 
The narrator is a construct
I am a construct and I am blurring reading and writing and you are buying into that aren't you
Don't read this
Don't read this
Don't read any further 
I learned repetition is a good way to get your point across
Do you like the swaying in and out
Did you notice how some lines go on and on and some thoughts 
Meander and curves and then
Some 

Don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment