Once again thank you for coming! And I hope you enjoy this momentary distraction please leave your comments or thoughts. They are most welcome!

Friday 9 December 2016

Colt (122 of 365)

Welcome to day 122 of the 365 day poem challenge.

Word of the day Colt meaning " a young uncastrated male horse, in particular one less than four years old."

Colt 

I once read a book
The girl was so disenchanted with
Humanity she became a horse
It made me sad
She was lost
Cartoony flair aside 
She would prefer to stay this way
I could not comprehend
It was impossible of course
But there was no moral
Or rhyme or reason
I found myself observing horses
I saw some wisdom in what
I had always assumed to be dead eyes
But the expressions of their bodies
We're more powerful than
Mine their feet and straight faces
Knew which turns to make 
and how to step
I saw a language and beauty
I considered galloping must be like flying or driving
At once the pedals of their hooves disappear
And sensation is lost in gliding through grass over fields
I considered for a moment
The life of a Colt
The wind in my mane the sense of freedom
Then I saw the fence 
I realised then we were the only ones truly free.

No comments:

Post a Comment