Once again thank you for coming! And I hope you enjoy this momentary distraction please leave your comments or thoughts. They are most welcome!

Monday 25 April 2011

What it Said on Sarah's Grave

Hi all!

I've returned from a very lucrative trip to the graveyard. It was an interesting sequel to my first adventure I went with Nick Angelovski. It was a lot scarier interestingly, ironically sequels are not usually very scary things. This time the place was instilled with a real ghost like quality. There were other people there like before.

I think Nick described it best when he said that the graves looked like people in the distance. It's funny isn't it the grey monuments built to mark where people are actually look like people in the distance. In fact he described the image in my head perfectly after he said that on the car drive back, of a girl wearing a night gown going down to her toes with pale blue lipss and a white complexion.

Anyway the whole point of the trip was to find the poem on Sarah Simpson's grave, which I did. Make of it what you will it's more eerie than I recall. It's the kind of post that is warranted at 12:45 AM at night.


What it said on Sarah Simpson's Grave

And am I born to die
to lay this body down
And must my trembling spirit
[go] into a world unknown
A land of deepest shade
Unpeired by human thought
the dreary regions of the dead
Where all things are forgot

No comments:

Post a Comment