Once again thank you for coming! And I hope you enjoy this momentary distraction please leave your comments or thoughts. They are most welcome!

Friday 1 April 2011

The Taste of Sex

I wrote this one a little while ago in a class I did. It was an interesting experience. I really pushed myself to challenge my writing and start reading some more poetry. I think this was one of the more successful efforts. Haha.

Anyway the poem itself I think doesn't need much explanation. It's that sensation you have when you start to try to understand those new feelings, for me the idea of sex isn't necessarily primal. It's almost childish. It's the ultimate form of play and that's what I wanted to show in this poem, at the same time it's different, it's not children's play it's adult. Anyway, sex is an interesting thing I think and perhaps the most misrepresented thing as well.

Anyway as always I invite you to comment and share your thoughts.

The boy is unsure of the word
To describe the beautiful girl on roller blades

How do you understand the shape of a
Smile she asks him

(the simple play and the subtle tongue)

The question is worded on the curve of her
Waist down to her hips
It has a laugh behind it and a
Kind of heat

He imagines the taste of cherry
On her bubblegum lips

(remote and smouldering the tip of the almond heart)

Like the hiss of the waves of an ocean
Vast and unexplored

No comments:

Post a Comment