Once again thank you for coming! And I hope you enjoy this momentary distraction please leave your comments or thoughts. They are most welcome!

Monday 25 April 2011

Invisible Things

The next two poems I'm going to post could not be more different from one another. One I've gone with paragraphs similiar to pebbles the other verses.

I'll start with Invisible things, this is a really cute poem. I'm not really sure what the relationship is, but for me at least initially, it was a little boy and a girl someone he finds really interesting. Perhaps they broke off at a party, maybe it was a camping event. It feels to me like they could have been around a fire. When I imagine their two bodies I see the girl staring away from the boy into the distance and the little boy looking up at her face and they both look a bit sooty as though they've come from the same event, but I know intuitively that they don't know each other this is their first meeting. Anyway have a look at the poem. What do you see? What is important about this poem to you? If there is nothing important about it, I'd be interested to know. For me it's important because to me it is the most basic form of love put into words. To me it's important that this experience exists in the real world. But read it and try and see what you take from it. Leave your posts and comments I encourage them.

Invisible Things
What does trying too hard look like? 

You must have seen it implored he. 

Yes she replied. 

 A deep thing it lurks on the inside of you, but I used to think it resembled a story. A boy climbs up a steep slope and continually slides down until a large cut stains his knee. That is what I used to see. 

What does hurt look like? 

You must have seen it implored he. 

At this she froze. Half taken with memory and half taken with scorn. You are young she replied. One day you will know. But I do remember the taste perhaps you have tasted it too. The saltiness of tears dribbling down your cheek. These tears though are much larger than the ones you already know. They are tears that remember something that was lost. 

Finally, he asked what is it I see?  

At this she could not answer. 

I cannot see what it is you see. 

Don’t we all see the same?

No.  

I do not understand the way you speak he said. 

She was old to him but young in her own right. She smiled. 

Remember words are invisible things.

No comments:

Post a Comment