Once again thank you for coming! And I hope you enjoy this momentary distraction please leave your comments or thoughts. They are most welcome!

Saturday 30 April 2011

About Freewriting and Amalgamum

Half the fun of poetry to my mind is the stuff that never hits the page. often when I'm feeling uninspired I realise it's because I'm coming at it from the wrong place. I had a thought today about an idea that I had to write a poem about, but perhaps there is a strange and eerie truth that you can't really control what you write. There's something deeper. Once you peel back the layers (try not to think of onions...as I say that).

Anyway, it's also fun to just be very silly with words and rhymes. Anyone reading this, try and have a bit of fun you know it's not all about aspiring to greatness. I'm sure it has to be joyous in part or why bother right? I know I'm no expert at all in this field, but I definately know we need to embrace what's inside.

I read this book by  Alan Watt called the 90 day novel it really focuses on letting the control go, letting the need to control what comes out go? So shall I share with you something really silly, that I randomly wrote? I shall and perhaps in doing so and in reading something very average and ordinairy, it might encourage you as well to realise that sometimes it will happen and honestly there's nothing at all wrong with it.

I'm going to adopt Alan's motto! There is no harm in creating and expressing yourself. Now I started with an idea for this, I've being trying to struggle through job applications lately and so I started to truly resent criteria selection criteria, the bain of job applications. Then it got me thinking, about criteria in general and all I could think was I wanted to write something showing my hatred of criteria and how fictional and robotic it is! The writing and every aspect of it...of course what I've got below isn't really that at all...save for the strange "sexlection" obviously derived from selection, but as you can see this is just a mindless rambling collection of thoughts. It is an example of what this post is about free-writing and today you've got me in a perculiar enough mood that I'm brave enough to share it.

It isn't exactly brilliant and I think the thing I find about it is I immediatly have a desire to separate it up. Anyway, enjoy this philisophy of freewriting give it a go one day. Be horribly proud, disgusted, amused or ambivalent about what you see on the page, will the words be scattered all over the paper? Will it be random lines on screen? Will you simply cut and paste collages of words and phrases together? When you realise you can absolutely do anything and get away with it, it is pretty liberating! I encourage anyone reading this to go forth and make non-sense :)

I made up a silly word for this poem, it's an alamgamation of ideas and thoughts so please sit back and enjoy my Amalgamum.

 Amalgamum

Sexlection
And due process are what
We most desire to know

To feel the flow of the word
You know and the essential
Vital team player
Ingredient

To glimpse along the powder sheet
Along the orange trail to spy
A peacan pie a cocktail of goods and
Offer them up for one bite
One delicious bite
To try them and to revoke
And spit out

Such are the trevails one must sexpect
From what must be encountered
Eventually in objective analysis
Paralysis what was I saying
What do I say a new
Day is dawning
Forever on our watch

Of the keen eye the isle of kent
Roses among thorns may dwell
But keep them always gentle and
Qwell wounded spirit
Always dam the unusable essence
Of mould
And be sure to endure
The font of the sacred
Gems upon which we all must
Chew and spit and chew and chew
And then

Shall we taste a brilliant nectar
An explosion upon the lips
Such is the untruth
Of all of this
The untruth of the sexlection
Prior disposection
Carmal corn expression

Fruit juice make ripe mango slurry
Roll around flirting bunny
So make mine non-sense make mine
Sublime make mine mince and roast pheasant pie!
Make mine delightful delirious and free
Sour my words and forever drown me
Down me severed from

Gems of fright
And pools of flight
In this present cacophony in which
Presently we now delight
Respite from tales of dark
Snark upon the lark who sings and rhymes
And sings

Sexlection predelection joyous inspection of our dilemma and verve our
Optimism and courage of emotion aptitude oh
So aptitudinal along the contours of delightful fruity tingly success

Oh to be a butterfly sweet george
Oh my dear sweet beautiful george
You are so emotionally correct
And politically astute and your research is divine
How I wish to count the ways of you
The meaning manifestos of you
In the ghettos of your brilliant lovely gooey crumbly mind

No comments:

Post a Comment