Once again thank you for coming! And I hope you enjoy this momentary distraction please leave your comments or thoughts. They are most welcome!

Saturday 2 April 2011

[...]

Welcome welcome and welcome
And tonight to either
Entertain enthral excite
Or perhaps bore your socks off
We have the button pushing
The ever pretentious Pot stirrer
Be wooed as he holds reason to ransom
And ransacks the nether regions of outer imagination
Folks for one night only the
Unenviable pious ruffian presents a performance of no
Other a voyage into an imaginarium of sorts
Without further ado let him cast apparitions from the
Wildest edges of your own figurative tethers
Ladies and gentlemen please put your hands together

There is no title no beginning nor end
before we wander should issues of role, purpose
Some kind of fixation on meaning or borders
Dare I say ‘art’ intrude into the reality of these lines
I suggest you

Entitle this what you Wish, but it would be especially Wise to add to this unblank blankness a fitting expression, which is befitting to you.

let me experiment with your imagination
one day they'll all look back and know this is my greatest accomplishment

a spontaneous flutter of the hand
and then my audience may be captivated if in fact
this were the realm of hands
alas the realm of imagination is not so precise
is it a hand or tentacle that creates
 the symbols you read the digestion that feeds
your brain seems to maintain

a strange dichotomy between
the wax filling your ears and the clarity
of your voice how the better
to be deaf and to always talk talk never
listen and that is the undeniable
proof and truth this theorem was founded
today to keep your interest and

the land fill yesterday was littered with corpses
for indeed, aren't we all
wasting space yes of course the imaginary space
of our imaginations but no I was talking about those
 piles of refuse we call
beloved comrades come now don’t be modest hopefully
 you were able to perform

that enviable skill of intellect joined the dots and yes
you did conceive that cemetery
and did you indeed see what I saw
yes a pile of trash waste is the word but for the moment
please let us not allow
our imagination to intrude too much on the scenery need
 I say one day the sunrise

 for I imagine which is inevitably inaccurate that one
day not in a dream I shall
stand atop a mound of corpses and then you will all regret
the disdain building inside
your throats and the phlegm that you feel is the literary worth
 before you yes spit it out
but to your own peril

the horizons of imagination will eat us all
dam us to stare at corpses
 and visit rubbish dumps after all today is
the day we recycle, I suppose
recycled life has taken on somewhat of a new
 meaning and do I hear you
proclaim I never wanted to embark on this morbid

curiosity well to that I say you
 have and you can't stop reading now no because
at this point you are convinced
the subject matter of this poetry is the antithesis of
why you continue to read it
of course I am alluding to your fixation you perverted
undeniably disgusting loathsome

objects why does your imagination allow you to project
into this same territory of course
I insult you at my peril but doesn't a tale of smelly corpses
 provoke you somewhat more than
some other veritable cliché yes I admit there is no philosophy
 to this I am simply a pot stirrer and
 this is too simple perhaps you shall choke on my phlegm

but you know for me
 this is the most worthwhile thing finally
 someone to hear me
and the beauty is that you can never interrupt
except unless you decide
 to pause perhaps drink a glass of water
maybe instead champagne

Now look back aren't you impressed with where you have wandered
I believe you should read this
 all again when you are sober for right now you are intoxicated
and in the throes of passion
for once your imagination has congealed into something beautiful beyond
comprehension or at least this
 was my goal you simpletons don't even understand what you’re sitting on

sitting, standing, reading
what is the difference really the truth is in the eye of the beholder
but you my dear audience
have fallen into my own little truth
I fear we shall meet again
but by this information I am pleased you
I fear are taxed well its time

 you went off now and played now think for a minute
 rewind as you do and contemplate
what was this all for anyway once you realise that it was
 all a game you may become irate
 I will suggest but in any case thank you kindly for your
Service these words are nothing
without a dialogue and you may think I am good for nothing

that I am painful and a talker
I claim to be a good liar and consequently
eloquently simple
dear companions although I have despised you
greatly I have also loved
and so much greater is it to love and lose so I conclude
 this saga of corpses

of writing of walking of riding to somewhere
perhaps you may fill us
all in yes that is your task before you are allowed
 to read anymore for what
good is pleasure without first failing miserably
adieu adieu that marks the

end of my engagement with foreign language
do not be offended I told
 you I am simple simple as they come and this
 will puzzle you until one



fine day
you will see it
and you

will hate me as
much as
I have hated you
this is the truth
the whole truth and nothing but the truth
so help you god
so pat your minds on the back and your imaginations




fickle humble sirs well-to-do ladies and most gentle of gentlemen
I give you the end the final conclusion
the see-you-later for I hope I will be back wish me well for my encore
for the truth is I shall miss you
farewell

No comments:

Post a Comment