Once again thank you for coming! And I hope you enjoy this momentary distraction please leave your comments or thoughts. They are most welcome!

Sunday 27 May 2012

When we Climbed in Trees

Remember the days when we climbed trees
I took your secrets and held them close
I took your hand and up and up we climbed
We never believed how high we'd go

Remember the times we nearly touched fire
You always gazed into the flames
And I watched your eyes and the shadows that
flickered across your face


Remember the days when we hid in the dark
We closed off our hearts and pretended
All the things we were too afraid to say
The feelings were too new to us then

Remember the time when our hands nearly froze
we sat under the trees and we
Still pretended to care about the world
As we stole shy looks at one another

Remember the day when I cried
I was small back then too small to climb as high
I watched you and I tried to follow but I fell 
I tried to look away so you wouldn't see my tears

Remember the times when we used to sit
I would say something to fill the gaps
And you would smile 
The same way as when we climbed trees
 





 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment