Once again thank you for coming! And I hope you enjoy this momentary distraction please leave your comments or thoughts. They are most welcome!

Tuesday 29 May 2012

Driving

Good morning all! (well AEST that is)

I was trying to dig up an old poem to share today. Truth be told it's actually quite applicable to something that happened only a few days ago. I think so many of you will relate to it. That peace of driving, it's almost like meditation and it can be magical to share that with someone else. Completely disengaging from abbsolutely everything in the world, so that you create your own private world.

I convince myself it's not too dissimilar to driving on the moon (apologies for the db neg). Anyway everyone enjoy! And don't you worry I intend to be posting again V soon and for any poets who come across this site, feel free to post me a link or suggest a poem you think I should re-post. Always happy to hear from you!



Driving

Falling autumn leaves

Recollections and night talk
Ghost stories and camp fires
By the light of a full luminous torch

Breaths possessed of autumn
Wrinkles by my bedside
The contours of our love
So deep
So far
so good
So full

I imagine how to say the unsayable
To imagine the moment as it is now
Captured
Forever next to our bedside
Forever this same picture
Of the sun-setting over the expanse of the horizon
And the final melting gold of the sky
Unfolding beside you and I

And kisses
and this feeble chemistry
and the road
and the sun
and you

driving into tomorrow. 

1 comment:

  1. I've just stumbled onto your blog and you're really good! This is an amazing poem, I really like it

    ReplyDelete