Once again thank you for coming! And I hope you enjoy this momentary distraction please leave your comments or thoughts. They are most welcome!

Tuesday 29 May 2012

The Nightmare in My Head


I feel like I have to introduce this one, just to be certain no one gets too offended by it. The actual poem goes for a bit longer, but I think this stanza about sums it up. It's another poem lurking about in the vault and as you'll soon gather it has a somewhat unpleasant tone.

 I think sometimes in poetry what I am trying to do and what I feel other poets are trying to do, is to tap into something very primal. It isn't so much what is said, but what is felt and what is behind the words. The words are just a vessel for something deeper and sometimes...darker.

The Nightmare in my Head

Let me introduce you to
The Nightmare in my head
One day I saw a vision it was remarkably fuzzy
And perhaps a tad uncertain
Which you may find a relief to be frank
But it was a vision
I saw your body curling up like the edge of a cigarette
I smiled screaming in my sleep
You didn’t scream
like paper you shrivelled
And I stepped you into the ground
The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment