Once again thank you for coming! And I hope you enjoy this momentary distraction please leave your comments or thoughts. They are most welcome!

Thursday 17 May 2012

The Prison

We sat playing merry games
Darkness enveloped us then
Meats were distributed foul
Words were spoke and I sat
Back in white noise

The next day you could hardly
Tell the voices from the thoughts
The numbness from the reality

Walking down hallways trapped entranced
Doubtful of anything pleasant
Skeptical from experience
Desperate in love desiring an anchor
Something solid stationary

Weeks do not dull dark thoughts
They only multiply like a spiders
Infecting with a habit of sticking
To all you love

That's how he hit her that first time
The fist through her brain
As all you love becomes a sieve
For every menace he brewed in his torn heart

another man was
Driving along one night
It was A long dark highway
through bush and ignored but ever present stars
And by the time he was home he scarcely could recall the trip
Save for the dark miasma crawling
And sucking like leeches at his chemical thought

Is it right to be so numb to sensations
Does the internal rule after all as
Our pedestrian bodies strut across
Unnavigable streets

How deep and dark can a mind wander
How much can thoughts dominate experience

Did you see the boy who got pushed down into mud
It wasn't the mud that stuck but
Something darker and impossible to wash out
Did you try and talk to him
Did you hear the stuff he says or rather doesn't say

The way he sways his head as he speaks
And how he looks at the point on the wall beside you
The way he denies and denies
Again and again and again

I thought all this as I sat
Now they are laughing
It is time i decided that
I must also laugh
"that is most funny" I exclaimed
Most funny I thought as it
Became less so

Very funny I repeated only to my mind
Sinking now
I wasn't there anymore not really
I was in a place where laughter
Manifested differently
And soon it was infecting me
And jabbing me
And all I could think was
How desperately I wanted to escape.

No comments:

Post a Comment