Once again thank you for coming! And I hope you enjoy this momentary distraction please leave your comments or thoughts. They are most welcome!

Sunday 20 November 2011

Two Wretched Men sit defeated by the Poolside

This is a poem recounting a particular memory I encountered on the weekend. I actually was requested to write a poem about a friend and was lacking inspiration when I remembered a very whimsical line my friend S told me "my body does represent the demise of humanity". I think it gives you an idea of the kind of melodrama we incorporate into our conversations.

We had a typical men fisticuffs off in y pool. S and I being too weak alone took on the almighty T. He ultimately defeated us we were too dismal to defeat such a Titan. But it was a fun battle and I hope you enjoy the poem.

TWO WRETCHED MEN sit defeated by the poolside

My body does represent the demise of humanity
Quoted a grim facade of my friend
A grim expression and grim end
To a fight that should it have ended different might have crowned us both victors alas it was not so
No the tiger of the waters was destined to swallow us in his mammoth grips and so completely destroyed were we
All now left to do is to move on and let the titans have their war
For us we are on the sidelines until called upon
On the sidelines till a fight finds us again and maybe again shall we have a shot and opportunity
To overcome the tiger once more

No comments:

Post a Comment