Once again thank you for coming! And I hope you enjoy this momentary distraction please leave your comments or thoughts. They are most welcome!

Tuesday 8 November 2011

Monster

Well every month of Jolly One-click has had a loose theme and at first I thought this month was themeless, but on reflection I'd say this months theme is all about change and adapting.

So in that vein is this poem. It's inspired by my earlier poem Hermeneutic it has that same disturbing quality, but at it's heart it the fear and the horrifying consequences of change.

Anyway everyone here is Monster I hope you enjoy.

MONSTER

There's a monster
He belongs to mummy
I'm too afraid to see him
He's always in her room
He makes her make sounds
He grabs her and attacks her
His hands move like hammers
They are strong and meaty

The monster sometimes speaks
And when he laughs his breath is hot
he has teeth that shine
His eyes are big and blue and
Sharp like razors

When the monster is there
Mummy makes strange faces
She looks like a girl
She doesn't look like a mum
She looks frightened and giggling

I do not like the monster
He doesn't breathe
He has no tail
No horrible name
No horrible breath
He is not bad
But he will not let my mother go
The monster has her in the bed
Hes hungry so is she
She's more Hungry than I realized and
Perhaps that is the most monstrous thing
That the monster is eating my mum
From the inside out tearing up everything ripping it all apart
And now it's knotting back together and there are so many tears and
So many holes
Holes that fill with something new
And something hungry wanting and needing to be filled
I am scared of the monster
I am scared of what he will do

No comments:

Post a Comment