Once again thank you for coming! And I hope you enjoy this momentary distraction please leave your comments or thoughts. They are most welcome!

Sunday 12 June 2011

We simple people...we never cease to forget how happy we are :)


Hi all!

I'm in a great place at the moment. And sorry I haven't posted in a while. This post is incredibly self serving and I'm hoping that maybe my parents will see it. I don't think I really need to explain this next one. Hope you enjoy it and who knows for those ungrateful out their including me maybe this might open your eyes as well the way mine have been today!

Mum and Dad
I saw you today in the past
I saw you behind the camera
And I know that that is where you
Always are checking and making
Sure we’re happy and alive
In front of the screen
Dancing around on our feet
When they were small and
Even now that I’m older
I think it hurts
To think I don’t always
See how much you cared
It actually made me cry a little
But that’s a secret for me to keep
And it’s a smile for me to silently share
With you that I understand
How much you gave me and not in
A mushy way
Just the way that counts
There’s no point in writing and writing
Life is simple not pretty
Not artistic
You loved me
And this much I know
You only did what you did
Because you so wanted me to be all that I could be
You were proud
You always have been
Whether I was struggling to say
One word for two and a half years
Or now
I know whatever it is I do now
Really doesn’t matter
There’s something in me that
No success or failure can claim
As I said life is simple and this poem
Is even simpler.
Thank you Mum.
Thank you Dad.
I will try to take hold of the camera in the
Future, I hope you know what I know.

And....

The Portrait of me
Why is it the only thing
That makes me as sad as this
Is the end of something
But I don’t think I’m crying
About the end, it’s the middle
And all in between
They say pictures tell stories
But i know I was happy
And really I still am
But we simple people
We never cease to forget how
Happy we always are...

No comments:

Post a Comment