Once again thank you for coming! And I hope you enjoy this momentary distraction please leave your comments or thoughts. They are most welcome!

Wednesday 15 June 2011

In my Eyes.


I have only one thing to say about this and it's a question. So reader's what would you do if you went back in time and you got to meet yourself? What would you say to the "old" you?



In my eyes.

Yesterday I went back in time
It was my sixth birthday
I know I never remembered being small
I saw myself with a crowd of children

I had a look on my face
I look I knew well
Hi little guy I thought
I did not say anything

What would they think
An interloper in their midst
A tall boy, yes not a tall man
Watching children

I turned and waited on the drive way
Out on the street
Eventually other cars came
The world passed over me

As though I was invisible
Once or twice I saw the younger
Me come down the drive
His arm waving floppy as though

All the muscle was missing
Or as though he still didn’t
Know how to move his
Arms

I think I had wondered what I
Might say to him all
Those hours
Before I went back

I knew it was nearly time
The sun was going down
My dad still had black
Hair not gray, not yet

Mum was standing by the drive
Standing with other older
People now my size, but back then
Giants and yet

In my eyes they were
Somehow the same
Then I saw my younger
Body turn

He looked at me
The way that a boy looks at
A stranger
I smiled back and he continued

To look
My dad took his hand
And he turned
There was no laughter in his eyes

And then I wondered
As I came back
I wondered what did he see
What had he seen

In my eyes.


No comments:

Post a Comment