Once again thank you for coming! And I hope you enjoy this momentary distraction please leave your comments or thoughts. They are most welcome!

Sunday 12 June 2011

If nothing else maybe this will make you smile...

I'm going to end this series of nostalgia posts, by going back to the future (yes...just like Marty). I hope you've enjoyed my foray into the past. I suspect it won't be the last. I think I'd like to take the chance to say that I apologise to any poets who find a lot of what I do here a little less than art or not introspective or wordy enough.

I think for me, this blog is a chance for me to run free and to experiment. It is not a finely hones world class collection of poems, it is simply a space for me to express myself. And I hope you appreciate my candour! Besides there is something to be said about what is raw and unrefined.

What Insanity is this... 

That true bliss is to be 
found in the truly mundane
that you don't need to go
more than a roll outside your
bed than you are greeted
with something worth remembering

What madness is beauty
What joy is nothing
I think really the only
Remarkable remark that
Need be made is that
That which is remarkable
Is completely unremarkable
In absolutely every way.

 A promise to yourself
a sweet promise 
you need to make
that every day in every life
shall be remarkable
today.


No comments:

Post a Comment