Once again thank you for coming! And I hope you enjoy this momentary distraction please leave your comments or thoughts. They are most welcome!

Sunday 12 June 2011

FEAR

Keeping with the theme of the past. I thought I'd post a few of my oldest poems. This poem pretty much speaks for itself, but to this day it is the only thing I have ever gotten published. Anyway here it is, hopefully you won't feel too dreary after reading it, but for me this is what FEAR feels like. If you were alone being afraid it would be easy, but you're never alone not even inside your own head. For those who love their structure they will be pleased to note this is a Quatrain, I wrote it back when I was in year 7 when I was 13.

FEAR

In the depths of pain I find 

Fear has found a foothold on my mind 

It juggles my mind without a care 

Tossing my thoughts everywhere


Confused, Deluded, Distorted I quiver with fear
My mind shows me things that are all to clear
I try to run I try to hide
The truth is I can’t escape my mind

It taunts me as if I were a toy
Cruel and mean methods it tends to employ
Though I know not what to do
In the end I must pull through

No comments:

Post a Comment