Once again thank you for coming! And I hope you enjoy this momentary distraction please leave your comments or thoughts. They are most welcome!

Monday 17 October 2011

To Beginnings

Good day all!

I'm just listening to Walt Whitmans leaves of grass in an audio book format. It's surprisingly good to listen to actually and it inspired me to do a Whitman inspired poem.

for anyone who doesn't know Whitman i love how accessible his writing is. It's deceptively simple, and by that I mean he writes in a way that is so familiar to me. It's the language of our thoughts that whimsical human optimism is in every word of his. His poetry embodies that powerful stream of consciousness I'm sure is in all of us. Whitmans meaning is often plain and I think that's what allows his poetry to be do easily digested but it also has such depth. I encourage anyone to read Whitmans poetry.

Anyway here is my small attempt at replicating his own style.

P.S Oh and to a certain someone that may be reading this yes, this is the poem I was telling you about. You know who you are :)

to beginnings

wherever this path bends
wherever the curves
the meandering
Lengths of this untold and overtrodden road leads us
Where paths extend over oceans and in realms untold
Where the seams of reality open up give way and spread
Or perhaps fade to null
And who can say what lies
ahead in the unknown futures and pasts
These opening and closings of possibilities finite and infinite
these crossroads forever winding and reborn every second
and every instance forever retraced and forever our own.

No comments:

Post a Comment