Once again thank you for coming! And I hope you enjoy this momentary distraction please leave your comments or thoughts. They are most welcome!

Friday 28 October 2011

Left Behind

Hey
I see you smiling laughing
Upon that distant frame
Did I tell you your smile lit up
Rooms
Well it did and still does
I can see you now
Without seeing you
Its odd but somehow
There's traces that what you
Were is still there in that picture
Frame
Remember you cried
Do you remember how much you
Said you'd miss me
Yeah I know it was a different time
And a different you
Yeah you think it sounds odd
But you are different
Which scares me cos i feel the same
Am i the same
And why is that the way
When does it happen
And do you feel it happening
Does something leak out of you
Did it make you sad
Or was it too late by the time
You realized
I heard you don't have much time
Heard your very busy
Yes working hard
And i guess im proud
Or at least I ought to be
I can't say what's changed
It wasn't my choice after all
And how can I know what you thought
Or what you will think of me
Perhaps all I can hope is maybe
You don't forget me entirely
But now I'm sad your lips don't move
Because this isn't you at all
Its just a picture in a frame
But you look happy
So happiness is infectious
So I've been told
I don't know why your smiling sweet girl
But I'll smile too and maybe somewhere your smiling
And maybe just Maybe you might pause
And remember me
And maybe that might join us
But I don't believe in any of that and
Neither do you so I'll just sit here
And you be where ever you need to be
You do what you need live as you like
It's okay I'm absolutely sold on
This and for what it's worth
Part of me is glad of it
Not all of me just part
I am only human
And I do miss you and I do love you
Want you and perhaps imagine I need you
But there's no point I'll look away for now
Goodbye

1 comment:

  1. This poem is amazing, you express those feelings that seem such a mess a lot of the time in such a graceful way. I can't wait to see your next post.

    ReplyDelete