Once again thank you for coming! And I hope you enjoy this momentary distraction please leave your comments or thoughts. They are most welcome!

Saturday 22 October 2011

The Corridor

I was walking up to work on Friday morning. I walk up this steep wide road called Bridge Street for any Sydney siders, to work and the light was just shining down the street. All I saw ahead of me was this blazing yellow light it was incredibly beautiful and all I thought was one word. Corridor. I wrote it in my notebook instantly and it was only this morning that I thought up a poem to go along with what I saw.

The Corridor

The light whirls down the funnel
down the funnel corridor
like it has before
every day since its human construction
and yet the light
the light trickles here just like
any brook or stream 
just as any in nature
and why is this and what is this
that a corridor of tall skyscrapers
can do this
why on earth should it appear
as a shimmering halo atop the climb
each day and who can tell
who can ever truly know
the source and ways of lights
twisting down these corridors

No comments:

Post a Comment