Once again thank you for coming! And I hope you enjoy this momentary distraction please leave your comments or thoughts. They are most welcome!

Monday 24 September 2012

The Child

You say I'm okay
But what would you know
What do you see
When you shut your eyes
Happy places happy dreams ?

There's a lone black in me
Like a rotten stinking thing
Hard as cement and
Impossible to extract

You don't see anything
You don't understand
I'm all alone

There's little magic evident
In the looks of the sun
And water is water
All is as it is
There is no peace imputed
Into moments
I'm all alone

You say im wrong
But I am too smart
To believe in wrong
Or right anymore
There's just action and motions
There's results and probabilities
What business is it of mine
To assign any universal code?

You say you don't have to
This pleasant luxury catches
My heart and something
Opens minute and momentary
Faded dreams whisper on
Distant shores
"it's not too late"

But maybe I do have to
Perhaps we all trains
And my tracks lead to a
Broken land where the earth
Is dry and cannot remember prosperity
Is it resignation I ask or is it fate?

You don't listen or hear anyone
You've gone away
I realize now as I always had
What my words won't say
But my heart young and virile
Demands a companion
I need to know I'm wrong
I need to be told...

Deep down of course
Below the convenient melancholy
I am mere flesh and my skin is torn
I am a child cold and alone
All I need is another voice to be near me
All I need is another voice to hear me.

No comments:

Post a Comment