Once again thank you for coming! And I hope you enjoy this momentary distraction please leave your comments or thoughts. They are most welcome!

Wednesday 5 September 2012

Imagine

I had a horrid thought tonight. It's a thought I suppose only someone with as much time to think as I do can have, but it's a terrible one. Living as I do at present on my own and most nights, sitting alone and left to my devices, it's easy to wonder sometimes if being really connected to anyone is just a fantasy or a hope we all cling too. How much happens inside of us that the world will never know? Does that matter? Does that mean no one will ever see us truly, because no one can ever see every thought inside of us. 

Yes, I think all these things. And it's not a crime to think them. Feeling loved and feeling valued, these are real things of course. But I think at the heart of it is the deeper truth, we all long to be known and to escape from inside of ourselves, because within us is a immense endless world that no one else can touch and it's scary to think about.

But who am I to stray from scary. Below I imagine an outside world that reflects what I just described as the inner world. The irony is of course, anyone who reads this is already disproving my own thoughts and anxieties because how can I be truly alone when I'm just disclosing all these thoughts to the world and how can my image of an empty world be alone when everyone who reads it will populate it with themselves. 

I have to admit when I wrote this momentary thought I did consider when I imagined the world in the poem that there were all these spectors floating around in the imaginary cities and lands that rose up out of my imagination. (The real question is...what is the real poem right). Okay enough pontification you're here for the poem right? Well here it is Enjoy IMAGINE! And I'll be posting very soon.

Imagine

Imagine if one day you woke
All the people in all the world were gone
But you got to walk down the same streets
see the same sunrises and sunsets
how more real would the world be then

What difference would it make?
Will you remember what it is to be lonely
After a month, a year, all your years
Will loneliness exist when there is nothing
in this world, but you and what you see fit to make

You would be the Lord of an invisible Court
The rules would be yours
You would have no limitations to where you might go
What you might do would be limited only by your imagination

Imagine that there are no consequences
That you can never lose anyone
In these empty streets
Empty houses
Empty lands
Empty seas
there is nothing to be gained
Nothing to be lost
Nothing to be loved
But that which is inside

No comments:

Post a Comment