Once again thank you for coming! And I hope you enjoy this momentary distraction please leave your comments or thoughts. They are most welcome!

Wednesday 4 April 2012

Thrashing

Hello all! Easter is drawing near and I thought it was about time I posted something. My brother has his engagement party this weekend.

As with all parties I enjoy nothing better than dancing. My brother had a smoke machine and lasers ! It was amazing at times while we thrashed on the dance floor at the back of my house, we'd be engulfed completely in smoke! It was so cool one minute you would be In a crowd the next you would be completely alone buried in fog and smoke.

It was a fun night of dancing! And that is what has inspired my poem tonight. Dancing vigorously...I was thrashing ! :)

Thrashing

Sometimes amid night
Amid bodies
Thick steamy misted musty forms
Blur in and out of light
Blurring appearance

Sweat and musk mingle
Slamming feet ache from the effort
Lasers scrape and burn holes in sound
Lights flicker in bright unnatural tones
While sonorous claps course
On drifts at the edge of beats
Then after
When it's finally done
Here I am
Here we are
The same people as before we

started thrashing

No comments:

Post a Comment