Once again thank you for coming! And I hope you enjoy this momentary distraction please leave your comments or thoughts. They are most welcome!

Sunday 15 April 2012

From An Author

Greetings all,

I've mentioned my poetry teacher many times and although it is sometime since we've parted ways his advice continues to rub off on me. There were two things really he had to say...aren't I cruel to point it out, but really it's like those big philosophy books the lay person will emerge from the philsophical immersion with a single thought. It's nuanced and deep, deeper sadly than can easily be expressed...

Anyway I digress, the thing he'd always be interested in with can be summed up in two words, "rhythm " and "play". Today is all about "play".

Boredom is great fruit for the imagination. What wonders germinate! (Yes he must be a poet say you the reader, who else would use such a reprehensibly pretentious word). So before you my readers I am about to state a few very silly truths about the English language, no doubt a five year old could do the same. But I think the world needs to play...and a new friend of mine, she told me recently that the very concept of childhood has changed and is somewhat artificial. So today as a critique and a bit of fun, I'm going to explore the idea of "play" in language. Because language especially English, because atm that's all I know is rather stupid and not at all adult!


From An Author

Analyse beings with anal
Coincidence with coin
Does begins as do, but it has evolved
Narrow it can't be coincidence contains row
Bother is a composition of her and also bot
She contains he (as they daily remind us)
Health a noun for all purposes contains heal most definately a verb.
Language contains gauge and what really is it trying to gauge?
Explain is derived of pain
Writing ends in ting, a kind of bell a momentary sound, a momentary diversion

No comments:

Post a Comment