Once again thank you for coming! And I hope you enjoy this momentary distraction please leave your comments or thoughts. They are most welcome!

Monday 9 April 2012

Back

A shorty! Life is too short anyway when I typed this on my iPhone notes I was strolling back from lunch to the office and just got this powerful image into my head. Sometimes that's all a poem is...although I've recently been to a poetry gig or two where people get up and recite these longer poems.

So you may see some longer babies coming your way. My only issue with longer poetry is that poems are so abstract how can you possibly process it all as you read it ?

Maybe though on the other hand a real poem begins as an idea or image like the one below and evolves into something more. That's perhaps the intriguing thing about poetry they have such an organic genesis...as opposed to so much else written in the western world these days.

Back

Bitterness is the sound of footsteps
Thwacking like bullets on the pavement

1 comment:

  1. This reminded me of one of my favourite poems of all time (which I cant believe I didnt mention in our conversation yesterday!): The Jabberwocky, Lewis Carroll. Sound and nonesense convey some important ideas, more often than actual words themselves.

    ReplyDelete