Once again thank you for coming! And I hope you enjoy this momentary distraction please leave your comments or thoughts. They are most welcome!

Monday 20 February 2012

My Heart drops Flat

Hey all,

Ever experienced a few quite unsettling moments in one day. A few things happened to me today none of which are really significant at all, well except to me.

The first my heart lurched out of my chest and I seemed for a short while to feel nothing or to at least feel somewhat diminished.

The second event occurred as I walked to the botanic gardens. The wind blew up around my feet billowed over my pants and a gust of leaves scattered over the path and I had that ahh thing happen...that is really nothing but somehow beautiful.

The final event was walking back to the office after lunch. The light completely changed in a step. That is to say I took a step shadow enveloped everything a step later and the light had returned...very strange. I thought I was mad. Now this is a poem...and it's just to say that I think as humans that we see things and want to express them. Well I've seen now let me express.

My Heart Drops Flat

My heart drops flat
To the grounded pavement
Over which my feet tread
And as it sinks down lower
Fluttering flying leaves
Disentangle themselves
From tall ruined trees
Searching for some hope
Decomposed in the earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment