Once again thank you for coming! And I hope you enjoy this momentary distraction please leave your comments or thoughts. They are most welcome!

Monday 13 February 2012

Die in White

It's an odd place I live in. How quickly the ugliness can be exposed and swept away. I'm talking about racism and reexamine my views in light of something that's happened to my friend.

I don't think we should sweep rai under the rug. This poem is called Die in White because being white I can very easily switch off and let my sensibilities die. It's very easy to be complacent about what doesn't effect us directly, my hope is that anyone reading this won't die in white.

DIE IN WHITE

I have heard once
And felt stronger
When they painted
My friend in colours untrue and vast

They wrote lies
About him
His life and destiny
And laughed about it later

They spoke venom
And poisoned peoples
Heads and infected
Hearts

I'm afraid
How quickly kindness
Can switch to something ugly
Now what will happen

In fact I'm afraid
That nothing will
They'll twist it into something
Delicate and palatable

And maybe then
I'll feel less
Care less
I'll be abandoning my friend
Without a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment