Once again thank you for coming! And I hope you enjoy this momentary distraction please leave your comments or thoughts. They are most welcome!

Friday 16 September 2011

Sink Holes

I accidentally deleted this. Still getting the hang of this iPhone app, but I think I can remember this one. It's only one line after all. The funny thing is I ad something very different in mind when I thought of the title sink holes.

In the end I limited myself to one line. Often I've been told the trick with poetry is to know when to finish. With poems your often dealing with thoughts and images and it is in the nature of these things not to end. Images are lingering and thoughts never end . So really how do you end? Sometimes the beat time to end a thought for me is when the writing starts requiring too much analysis by that time the creative mind is switched off and the analytical is in full swing. Call it a clieche but I'd say most poetry comes from a more organic place unlike other types of writing there is something very imprecise and uncertain about it. Anyway that's my two cents and this is Sink Holes and honestly your guess is as good as mine as to what this is about.

I think limiting it to one line leaves some mystery any longer and this poem would have too much meaning (what a ridiculous thing to say).

Sink Holes

"...he slid through the mud only wearing the clothes he was born in..."

No comments:

Post a Comment