Once again thank you for coming! And I hope you enjoy this momentary distraction please leave your comments or thoughts. They are most welcome!

Sunday 21 August 2011

It's All In the Reading My Dear

Ever read something, something that somehow connected with you so profoundly. You know exactly why because it reached out and smacked you over the face and told you that you were wrong, maybe not you personally, but someone wrote something angry and it challenged everything you thought. This poem is a response to that spontaneous sinking heart and the way it circles eerily close to a dark drain.


The water that boils in my blood
Never fails to eat away
The distance between me and
Crowds of people
People who try to drown me
Drown me inside their heads
And their thoughts
Swirling dark deep into drains
I cannot fathom
Down swirling dark
Swirling around deeper
And I’m drowning in the distance
And the present is eating
Into my blood
trying to touch me trying to connect the lines
And You will fail
And Im alone now in the dark
And the sound is numbing
And the sound of your bitter words
Has finally broken me.

1 comment: