Once again thank you for coming! And I hope you enjoy this momentary distraction please leave your comments or thoughts. They are most welcome!

Saturday 21 May 2011

Man in the Moon

Have you ever looked up at the night sky recently? I was driving along in the car and looked up. I tried to make sense of people saying there was a face in the moon and when I saw the face I had a strange thought. It's kinda an ugly face, well honestly it's hideous. If I saw that guy pass me on the street, I'd probably try not to stare. I'd probably feel sorry for him. Yes. I think those last few sentences certainly reflect on me and the world I live in, try not to judge readers!

 But it got me thinking and obviously got me writing. In my last post I said often poems for me start with asking a question. Well the question I asked funnily enough is, how can ugliness be a bad thing when the moon has such an ugly face?

 The Man in the Moon

The way I see it
there's a reason the
man in the moon
is a patchy figure
one with a scatching smile
and elongated lips
his spotchy eyes are hard to bear
and his last vestige of hair long
reduced to craters
Also why is he smiling the man in the moon
never ashamed
never pale or afraid
no even today as the light tries to hide him
he is still smiling

No comments:

Post a Comment