Once again thank you for coming! And I hope you enjoy this momentary distraction please leave your comments or thoughts. They are most welcome!

Saturday 21 May 2011

Chapters; the shadow of Himself; the dancing bear; the flutist; Elevator man

Thanks Amy- Elle this is officially the first comment inspired poem. I realised that it would be interesting to experiment with the chapters format a bit more. I thought of the first four I'd written and realised they were all sort of sunny and whimsical, I'd like to think that what I have written here could be decribed more at autumn. So it's quite appropriate coming to the end of May.

The last poem in particular owes itself to my friend Chantal and the way she described a certain somebody always getting stuck in train doors and elevator doors. I thought it was an interesting idea and sometimes I was criticised by my annoying poetry teacher for not being specific enough well :P there you go!

Anyway, thanks as always for reading. I've wanted to post sooner, anyway here they are the next four chapters.

CHAPTERS

the shadow of Himself

the man is a boy. he wears a grin and cannot begin to understand the pain he is in.
Maybe if he had crossed oceans why maybe then he might leave behind more
than a dream

the dancing bear

there is a dancing bear she goes to it each day with a hand full of her mother's
cinnamon bread the bear will not dance for her but it's teeth move somewhat
like a smile for which the girl is grateful. The bars she leans on are her own.

the flutist

her flute recalls a pleasant tune only pleasant and not disarming her mild melody
catches a young gentleman's eye, but only momentarily before he is engaged in
the fine silks adorning the beauty who has eyes only for the phone in her hand
and she is late so very late and the tune is now only a whisper.

elevator man

her heart swells for the boy who keeps getting stuck between doors but he will
never see how he makes her eyes light up and her skin bounce and she will
always look away but through the corner of her eye she will always know the
way he held the elevator door open for that old woman last tuesday

No comments:

Post a Comment