Once again thank you for coming! And I hope you enjoy this momentary distraction please leave your comments or thoughts. They are most welcome!

Saturday 7 May 2011

Knowing

Hi all,

Thought I'd post another poem or is it? Now I could spend weeks debating what I think a poem is, but as I've tried to indicate poems can be a vast array of things. But anyway what I'm going to post, is something pretty rough which I wrote quickly today. As with many things that occupy me on a daily basis it's about a girl and a particular girl at that. It's a fantasy conversation I have in my head of how things might go if fantasy became reality.

I'm sure we've all had moments where we've idolised someone from across the room and literally found it hard to look over at someone else. No? Well if not let me know, always interested in hearing the other side of the story. Anyway without further ado, here is Knowing.

(Please note: To avoid confusion the first three paragraphs are one person's thoughts and the second are another) 

(But in another note: as the reader you are ultimately entitled to read and gleam from this whatever you wish :) )

Knowing

Hey

Hi

I saw you the other day, I hoped you were watching me? Was that true, were you looking over my way or were you just kinda tilting your head. You know I bet you don’t think I noticed your really bright blue eyes and they’re not the kind of blue you read about it’s not something you can make up. 

I’ve heard and it makes me doubt, whether it is a good idea to get your attention. What comes out of your mouth? That’s something I’ve often caught myself considering. I can’t help what thoughts I have when it comes to you. I’m afraid that they might be too much for you to handle.

 As it is we’re talking. I’m telling you what I’m thinking, but that’s besides the point isn’t it. There’s something a lot deeper. That I can’t say not yet. Will you come with me tonight? Do you want me to tell you the thing I’ve been keeping from you, do you want to know me better?

Your words are strange, the same as the way you move and check I’m not looking. You think you know me so well. Had you bothered to ask me? But you’re right I am pretty curious. I hadn’t thought really about what you saw in me. I don’t think you really know, do you? Didn’t you notice the way I’d try and smile a little bit. I did try and notice you, didn’t you realise.

I think I need to do this and talk to you. I can’t explain really there are so many other people here, but there’s something exciting about you. You’re different aren’t you? You don’t waste time and I see the way you look at people, the way you dismiss them. It makes me nervous, only because I don’t understand. But I want to. So yes. Let’s meet. I want to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment