Once again thank you for coming! And I hope you enjoy this momentary distraction please leave your comments or thoughts. They are most welcome!

Tuesday 31 January 2012

In the Blackness of Tides

it has been long time since my last post. I have had problems internet wise lets just say, but now I'm back.

I visited Coffs Harbour quite recently. We have this place we always go and there's this beautiful beach called Diggers Beach. The waves when we finally popped into the surf were glorious, but soon I was alone put there. That morning I'd been stressed out of my mind...but as soon as I hit the waves I just felt happy.

It was a fascinating feeling. Last night I was searching for the same thing, but didn't find it. This poem is about that mysterious thing whatever it is that calms you and touches something inside you and well...in my opinion heals you.

In the Blackness of tides

In the blackness of tides
Lies my hand somehow
Murky and unclear
And only an inch in
Only under just-
Just under the waves

The water is green
It is mysterious and
Yet it is the single thing
Occupying my horizon

In the darkness inside
Big opaque and all-encompassing
There is no unseeing and no forgetting

The ocean is the opposite
Somehow serene and never ending

The black waves roll in my rhythm.

No comments:

Post a Comment