Once again thank you for coming! And I hope you enjoy this momentary distraction please leave your comments or thoughts. They are most welcome!

Wednesday 27 November 2013

Day and Night

I am the day
You are the night

I am the first hint of morning 
Smiling across at your pillow
The warmth, baking bodies awake

You are the night
Connected to the darkscapes of
Neon and paths woven
Of dancing lights

I am the slow drawl 
The waving sands
The rolling waves

You are elastic, wound tight
Zigzagging dinner tables
Streets, markets
Fire and glass 

And also 
In the dark, in the human
There too are oceans 
There too are waves 

I am the day
exposed 
You are the night
 opaque

Our time is the twilight
Where the whole world bows
In calm repose
The birds pause in flight
To Gaze at the magnificent pink lights
All noise turns dim and stern
Old folk and young all pause
And look upon the explosive wonder
Of the phantasmagoria 
So fleeting
So precious

No comments:

Post a Comment