Once again thank you for coming! And I hope you enjoy this momentary distraction please leave your comments or thoughts. They are most welcome!

Monday 15 July 2013

Lost Memory

I thought to help me really feel one of my characters emotions I'd write a poem from their point of view. Poetry is inherently sensory and visceral and really helps describe feeling! Anyway enjoy :)

Lost Memory

Thoughts recoil at passions
Buried in beds too difficult to imagine
Your long golden hair
And what might have been
What we might have seen
The highway is broken
I have no compass
I have no way

Where to now
To climb this mountain tall
And impassable
Best to find a cave in which to shelter
A cave to crouch
A cave to hide
Hideaway from the specter of what was
To hideaway all the cursed memories
The tainted images poisoning my ears
The screams never dying
My own screams
Wails unimaginable
To bury it all
To lose it all forever
Maybe then when memories are lost
And forgot
might I recall
Fondly what we had
Our time
the perfect times
Imagined and real

No comments:

Post a Comment